The paper describes ageing mechanisms of the metallization layer deposited on the chips of power semiconductor devices, and the effects of its ageing on electrical performances of a power transistor. We have tried to link changes in electrical performances to metallization degradation, in order to better understand the origin of the physical mechanisms of ageing and the effects of the degradation of the metallization on electrical performances of tested devices.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering