We describe the procedure for obtaining Hamiltonian equations on a manifold with so(k, m) Lie-Poisson bracket from a variational problem. This implies identification of the manifold with base of a properly constructed fiber bundle embedded as a surface into the phase space with canonical Poisson bracket. Our geometric construction underlies the formalism used for construction of spinning particles in [A. A. Deriglazov, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 28, 1250234 (2013); Ann. Phys. 327, 398 (2012); Phys. Lett. A 376, 309 (2012)], and gives precise mathematical formulation of the oldest idea about spin as the "inner angular momentum".
- semiclassical models of spin
- Theories with Dirac constraints
- variational formulation on Lie-Poisson mani-folds
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics