The ageing of the metallization layers of power semiconductor dies may be the cause of failure of power semiconductor modules. Usual indicators of failure like on-state voltage drops make it difficult to highlight the deterioration of the metallization layer. In this study, we evaluate the relevance of the characterization of power device metallizations by means of the eddy current sensors. Experimental results show the ability to monitor the state and the evolution of the metallization ageing with such a technique.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering