This paper provides an evaluation of robustness and performances of two types of 1.2 kV SiC MOSFETs in order to investigate these power devices for aircraft applications in medium power range. The paper focuses on robustness results showing the weakness of the gate under short-circuit tests. Observed failures appear at the gate level with effects on the mode of failure depending of the short-circuit duration.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering