The influence of hypersonic waves excited in a single crystal is investigated on the process of electron-positron pair creation by high-energy photons. The coherent part of the corresponding differential cross-section is derived as a function of the amplitude and wave number of the hypersound. The values of the parameters are specified for which the latter affects remarkably on the pair creation cross-section. It is shown that under certain conditions the presence of hypersonic waves can result in enhancement of the process cross-section.
- Interaction of particles with matter
- Physical effects of ultrasonics
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Mathematical Physics
- Physics and Astronomy(all)
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Statistical and Nonlinear Physics