This paper presents results showing the robustness of different SiC JFET transistors from SiCED in current limitation regime or short-circuit operation. Crystal temperature during failure was estimated after different electrical characterizations and using appropriate models of saturation current which is used as a thermal indicator. This work shows the exceptional robustness of SiC JFET transistors in current limitation mode compared to Si devices (MOSFETS and IGBTs).
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering