This paper deals with performances and reliability aspects of MOSFET and JFET power transistors devices based on silicon carbide technology. The purpose of this article is to evaluate the abilities and effects of each technology on the conception of power converter for avionic applications. Experimental measurements of steady-on-state resistance dependence and transient performances with temperature are presented and discussed. The second section focuses mainly on robustness aspects of the two types of power transistors in order to analyze their capability to withstand with aeronautic harsh environmental constrains.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering