A secondary instability of the surface of a liquid film sheared by an intense gas flow was found for the first time by our team using the high-speed modified laser-induced fluorescence method. An image-analysis toolkit (in particular, the Canny method) was used for studying space-time evolution of various types of waves. As a result, quantitative characteristics of both the types of waves and the characteristics of the instability phenomena of back slopes of primary waves were obtained.
- annular gas-liquid flow
- Canny approach to edge detection on images
- laser-induced fluorescence method
- wave flow of liquid films
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Computer Graphics and Computer-Aided Design